Saturday, November 19, 2011 | By: Unknown

The Write Life: Keeping Sane When You Have to Say See You Later, Never Goodbye

Rose on ice, ColinBroug, sxc.hu
It's been quite some time since I've added to this blog, but just as I began thinking of ideas for posts, a fellow writer died. The death of my fellow writer, John Gugie, on Wednesday, November 2, 2011 has devastated me. He is, and always will be, my best friend, life mate and the love of my life. Words drew us together, now I turn to words to hold onto my sanity.

Letters come together to form words, words become sentences, sentences turn into paragraphs. Out of the mind thoughts take shape to become an article, a poem, a blog post. Behind each word that flows from pen or keyboard are memories, random thoughts, feelings. As it all takes shape, a bit of your soul is laid bare to those who read them.

As writers, we are in a position to help others with the mundane things in life, pass along knowledge using our unique voices and style based on our life experiences. We can also touch hearts and stir emotions with our words. We use them to express pain, grief, loss, lonliness, sadness, joy, love, pain. We give life to what others feel, but can't find a way to express.

When life deals us a tremendous loss that makes us feel as if life is over, we must learn to crawl, then walk all over again. We must carefully and slowly feel our way through this new life, all the while finding and learning to use our voices to hang onto sanity the only way a writer knows how. Give life to your feelings as you say, "I'll see you later, never goodbye." to the one who holds your heart.

0 comments: