Sunday, November 27, 2011 | By: Unknown

Stumbling Sunday - Writerly Thankfulness

Butterfly; yenhoon, sxc.hu
Here I am, once again stumbling about, on this last Sunday in November. The cause of all my stumbling about is due to the enormous amount of turkey and other food I consumed over the past two days. I feel quite like the little piggy my beloved J called me on occasion. *big grin* He'd be so proud of me. I swear I gained another couple of pounds. I sidetracked myself and should've posted this yesterday, but since I didn't, this will be a special "Stumbling Sunday" instead of the usual "Stumbling Saturday Randomness".

In the spirit of the recent holiday, the randomness of the day is all about giving thanks. A few of you out there know I lost my life mate and the love of my life three weeks and three days ago. He was the J to my K. Some may wonder if I can find anything to be thankful for as I stumble my way around in this new, alien life in the midst of my grief.

It's quite an effort some days to see anything good. The holiday is hard without him, but I still have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful John and I were given one year together. We made every one of those days count, filled them with more love and laughter than some know in a lifetime. I'm thankful he loves me more than anything in the world.

I'm grateful for my four children who mean everything to me. My grandson, my little man, is the light of my life.

I'm thankful I was born with such a great love for the written word. Not only a love for them, but also the ability, the talent, to craft them into articles giving others knowledge or just to make people laugh. I'm also grateful this love enables me to make money and allow me to "work" at my dream "job."

I'm grateful I can still walk, breathe without help and have full use of my arms and legs. Even though this body of mine sometimes betrays me.

I'm thankful I can see the beauty in the world around me, hear the whisper of the wind through the trees and the laughter of children. I'm thankful I can feel...even though at times what I feel most is pain.

Last, but not least, I'm very thankful to have friends who love me, who are always there for me as I am for them and return their love. The support of my online family has helped me get this far and will continue to do so on my not so good days, even when they don't know they're helping me get to the end of another day.

There's many, many things and people to be grateful for. My final thought...find at least one thing, no matter how small, to be thankful for each day. It does help and it does make a difference to think of just one thing every day.

What are you thankful for?

0 comments: